Day 1: Drive from Dar es Salaam for Selous Game Reserve (takes 4 to 5 hours drive). Late afternoon game viewing; Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 2: Game viewing in the Selous Game Reserve and in the late afternoon proceed with boat safari on the Rufiji River. The birdlife is spectacular throughout the park……African skimmer, Goliath Heron and saddle-billed Stork are often seen. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 3: Full day game viewing in the Selous Game Reserve. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge
Day 4: Morning walking (2 or 3 hours), breakfast and then drive back to Dar es Salaam with picnic lunch.
End of tour. Its always an adventure and you will love it.
Note the following:
- The accommodations can be on the basis of Basic Camping (public or private), Permanent Tented Camps, Luxury Mobile Camping, or Lodges (standard to luxury). The accommodations may also vary depending on the locations of good game viewing from season to season. When we know your travel dates we will advise accordingly.
- If you wish to fly from Arusha to Serengeti or Serengeti to Arusha this is possible and we will customize the itinerary accordingly.
- This itinerary can be customized to cover only Ngorongoro and Serengeti or Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti.
- If you like us to arrange your accommodations for the night (s) before and after safari please let us know.
- If you are arriving at Kilimanjaro/Arusha Airport or in Arusha by shuttle bus let us know so we can arrange meeting you on arrival to make things even smoother.
- We will be happy to know your travel plans so we can customize this itinerary or any other itinerary for you. We are a full service company and we will be able to take care of all accommodations: before safari, on safari and after safari; airport and hotel transfers; and internal/regional flights.
- Click here for packing list. Camping and lodge safari have almost same packing list but in case you have questions let us know.
- This itinerary can also be extended (number of days and/or parks/activities) to cover other parks in the northern circuit, Kilimanjaro trek, Meru trek, Oldongo Lengai trek, Usambara Mountains, Zanzibar/Mafia/Dar beach holiday, Southern parks or western safari parks, or either way depending on your needs.
Its always an adventure!