Day 1: Drive from Dar es Salaam to Selous Game Reserve with picnic lunch. Afternoon game viewing along Rufiji River. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 2: Morning game drive in the reserve until lunch time and after lunch rest then in late afternoon go for 3 hours boat excursion in the Rufiji River. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 3: Full day game viewing in the Selous Game Reserve. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 4: After breakfast drive to Mikumi National Park. Lunch on the way. Arrive to the camp/lodge for resting then dinner and overnight. Game viewing en-route to the camp/lodge.
Day 5: Morning game viewing in the park, lunch, then drive to Udzungwa Mountains Park for dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 6: After breakfast at the lodge, go for a guided trek to the Sanje waterfalls. It takes 3 to 4 hours hiking through green forest. Monkeys, including rare Iringa red Colobus and various species of trees/vegetation can be seen in this forest. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 7: After breakfast, walk to the park gate and drive back to Dar es Salaam. Stop on the way as you wish in case of interesting thing.
End of tour. its always an adventure safari … you will enjoy it.
Note the following:
- The accommodations can be on the basis of Basic Camping (public or private), Permanent Tented Camps, Luxury Mobile Camping, or Lodges (standard to luxury). The accommodations may also vary depending on the locations of good game viewing from season to season. When we know your travel dates we will advise accordingly.
- If you wish to fly from Arusha to Serengeti or Serengeti to Arusha this is possible and we will customize the itinerary accordingly.
- This itinerary can be customized to cover only Ngorongoro and Serengeti or Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti.
- If you like us to arrange your accommodations for the night (s) before and after safari please let us know.
- If you are arriving at Kilimanjaro/Arusha Airport or in Arusha by shuttle bus let us know so we can arrange meeting you on arrival to make things even smoother.
- We will be happy to know your travel plans so we can customize this itinerary or any other itinerary for you. We are a full service company and we will be able to take care of all accommodations: before safari, on safari and after safari; airport and hotel transfers; and internal/regional flights.
- Click here for packing list. Camping and lodge safari have almost same packing list but in case you have questions let us know.
- This itinerary can also be extended (number of days and/or parks/activities) to cover other parks in the northern circuit, Kilimanjaro trek, Meru trek, Oldongo Lengai trek, Usambara Mountains, Zanzibar/Mafia/Dar beach holiday, Southern parks or western safari parks, or either way depending on your needs.
Its always an adventure!