Day 01: After breakfast with your picnic lunch, depart Arusha to Tarangire/Manyara National Park for game viewing. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 02: After breakfast, drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area and descend into the Ngorongoro Crater floor for game viewing till late afternoon then drive to Nainkanoka Village for dinner and overnight at a camp.
Day 03: After breakfast, hike up to Olmoti Crater & Munge Waterfalls (optional) then drive to Empakaai (through dry grasslands of the Embulbul Depression) for dinner and overnight at a camp.
Day 04: After breakfast, descend to the Empakaai Crater, later ascend, pack and start trekking to Naiyobi Village. No driving but walking with Donkeys carrying everything. Dinner and overnight at a camp.
Day 05: After breakfast, proceed hiking to the base of Mt. Ol Doinyo Lengai, where our driver-guide will meet you and transfer to a Camp for an afternoon rest and dinner. Before midnight, you will be transferred to the base of Mt. Ol Doinyo Lengai to begin our ascent to the peak.
Day 06: Descend from the mountain and transfer to the camp for resting. In the afternoon/evening walk around Lake Natron for nature and Flamingo viewing.
Day 07: After breakfast, drive to Lake Manyara National Park (or Tarangire depending on which park you did on day one) for an afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight at a camp/lodge.
Day 08: Game viewing in Lake Manyara National Park/Tarangire till after noon then drive back to Arusha.
End of tour.
Note the following:
- The accommodations can be on the basis of Basic Camping (public or private), Permanent Tented Camps, Luxury Mobile Camping, or Lodges (standard to luxury). The accommodations may also vary depending on the locations of good game viewing from season to season. When we know your travel dates we will advise accordingly.
- If you wish to fly from Arusha to Serengeti or Serengeti to Arusha this is possible and we will customize the itinerary accordingly.
- This itinerary can be customized to cover only Ngorongoro and Serengeti or Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti.
- If you like us to arrange your accommodations for the night (s) before and after safari please let us know.
- If you are arriving at Kilimanjaro/Arusha Airport or in Arusha by shuttle bus let us know so we can arrange meeting you on arrival to make things even smoother.
- We will be happy to know your travel plans so we can customize this itinerary or any other itinerary for you. We are a full service company and we will be able to take care of all accommodations: before safari, on safari and after safari; airport and hotel transfers; and internal/regional flights.
- Click here for packing list. Camping and lodge safari have almost same packing list but in case you have questions let us know.
- This itinerary can also be extended (number of days and/or parks/activities) to cover other parks in the northern circuit, Kilimanjaro trek, Meru trek, Oldongo Lengai trek, Usambara Mountains, Zanzibar/Mafia/Dar beach holiday, Southern parks or western safari parks, or either way depending on your needs.
Its always an adventure!