The village is located at the foot of Mount Meru where the sounds of rivers, birds and people are in harmony. Ilkiding’a Cultural Tourism will give you the opportunity to experience traditional Wa-arusha culture. Spend a day walking around the hills of Ilkiding’a and get some insights on traditional African culture. This tour will cover:
- Insights on the Wa-arusha culture
- Understanding of local households and extended family life
- Visits to craftsmen and a traditional healer
- Farming activities
- Arusha town view point
- Hikes along narrow footpaths, crossing a canyon and climbing small hills
- Test of traditional dishes
Note the following:
- If you like us to arrange your accommodations for the night (s) before and after Kili please let us know.
- If you are arriving at Julius Nyerere/Kilimanjaro/Arusha Airport or by a bus let us know so we can arrange meeting you on arrival to make things even smoother.
- We will be happy to know your travel plans so we can customize this itinerary or any other itinerary for you. We are a full service company.
- Click here for packing list. Camping and lodge safari have almost same packing list but in case you have questions let us know.
- This itinerary can also be extended (number of days and/or parks/activities) to cover other parks in the northern circuit, Kilimanjaro trek, Meru trek, Oldongo Lengai trek, Usambara Mountains, Zanzibar/Mafia/Dar beach holiday, Southern parks or western safari parks, or either way depending on your needs.