Drive to Marangu Gate which is 1800 meters above sea level. Register and start the trekking to Mandara which is about 9 kilometers and 2700 meter above sea level. During the trekking you may be lucky to see black and white Colobus monkeys which are familiar in this rain forest. If you arrive early you can visit the Maundi Crater or pass there the following day on the way to Horombo.
Depart to Horombo after the breakfast. After a few minutes walking you finish the forest zone and start the moorland zone to Horombo which is 3700m.above sea level. Dinner and overnight at Horombo Hut.
This is an acclimatization day in Horombo Hut.
After an early breakfast you start trekking to Kibo Hut (4700m). You will pass Mawenzi ridge and saddle before arriving at this last hut to the top. Dinner and few hours sleep before the trekking start to the summit. First you reach Gillman’s point5,865m.) in five hours and later proceed to Uhuru Peak via Stella point. After taking picture of sunrise and view descend down back to Kibo for breakfast and rest.
Walk down to Horombo for the last night in Kilimanjaro. Dinner and overnight in Horombo.
After breakfast walk down to Marangu Gate to collect the Kilimanjaro Gilman’s and Uhuru peaks Certificate.
END OF SIX DAYS TREKKING IN MARAGU ROUTE
Note the following:
- The accommodations can be on the basis of Basic Camping (public or private), Permanent Tented Camps, Luxury Mobile Camping, or Lodges (standard to luxury). The accommodations may also vary depending on the locations of good game viewing from season to season. When we know your travel dates we will advise accordingly.
- If you wish to fly from Arusha to Serengeti or Serengeti to Arusha this is possible and we will customize the itinerary accordingly.
- This itinerary can be customized to cover only Ngorongoro and Serengeti or Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti.
- If you like us to arrange your accommodations for the night (s) before and after safari please let us know.
- If you are arriving at Kilimanjaro/Arusha Airport or in Arusha by shuttle bus let us know so we can arrange meeting you on arrival to make things even smoother.
- We will be happy to know your travel plans so we can customize this itinerary or any other itinerary for you. We are a full service company and we will be able to take care of all accommodations: before safari, on safari and after safari; airport and hotel transfers; and internal/regional flights.
- Click here for packing list. Camping and lodge safari have almost same packing list but in case you have questions let us know.
- This itinerary can also be extended (number of days and/or parks/activities) to cover other parks in the northern circuit, Kilimanjaro trek, Meru trek, Oldongo Lengai trek, Usambara Mountains, Zanzibar/Mafia/Dar beach holiday, Southern parks or western safari parks, or either way depending on your needs.
Its always an adventure!